Hey there friends. Time to recap yet another month. Month numero quatro for 2014. Again, wheredoestimego!? Srsly.
April was an interesting month. I dealt with some kind of new anxiety issues that threw me off my game for a few days but has since led me to really get focused on fitness again, which is GREAT.
If there’s one thing I learned in April it’s this:
Taking care of yourself isn’t optional.
During the second week of April I wrote in my Desire Map planner: “A beautiful soul needs a sturdy vessel.”
It was a reminder that needs to be kept front and center for me. I cannot forget it this summer. Putting myself first means not allowing myself to get lazy and not exercise. Or to eat out for every meal (my poor, poor wallet and waistline). Or to not take the time to be alone and reflect on things. I know I occasionally mention fitness on this blog, but know that it is literally a daily struggle for me. I know it’s a learning process, but uh, I guess I’m a slow learner? #workingonit
Personal Highlights This Month
- Hosted my lovely family in St. Louis for Easter
- Journeyed to Des Moines for Drake Relays
- Learned a few lessons in vulnerability and self-care
- Got back into spinning and started tracking my movement with my new FitBit (so far, LOVE).
Posts I Shared This Month
- Ah, my favorite social network. Celebrated five years of obsession with A Few Thoughts on Twitter & How I Make It Work.
- Spewed my guts out on the page one morning with a quick, 15 minute post of Thunderstorm Thoughts (which promptly got more, better comments than most of the posts on this blog… figures).
- Had my first Saturday Sessions with Katie from Something Winnderful, talking about blogging and creativity.
- Shared my Crowd-Sourced To Read List. Just looking at it makes me want to slam this laptop shut and read for three days straight.
- Talked about my first IRL blogger event, the St. Louis Fashion Week VIP Blogger Lounge.
- Rambled on incoherently about change, how much I like it, and how learning to sit w/ my own discomfort is HARD.
- Compiled a fun listicle of Things About Blogging That Non-Bloggers Have No Idea Are Things.
- Snapped a bunch of lovely photos of spring in the Central West End and talked about how much I just love living in this ‘hood.
- Drooled on my keyboard while sharing Amy’s healthy and beautiful recipe for Spring Kale Salad with Goat Cheese.
- Annnddd took a break from daily happy hours to compile a list of Alternatives to Happy Hour for Adventurous 20-Somethings.
Favorite Posts from My Lovely Sponsors
- Ashley got me thinking SO MUCH with this post: Are We Addicted to Our Fantasies?
- Dollie went to Rome. Yeah. She did. While I was getting over my jealousy, I pinned this beauty of a post about 10 European Travel Tips for when I plan my own Euro trip.
- Amy created this explosion of deliciousness and the photographed it so well, I could practically taste it through my laptop.
- Sam reminded us to let good things happen to us. Because, well, “Only the brave DO something.”
- Katie shared a time-tested list of classic books. I’m ashamed to say I’ve only read Harry Potter out of all of these.
- Katie (who’s getting married, like, any day now) laid down the law with 5 Things New Bloggers Should Stop Stressing About. #preach
- Allie asked “Are You Run By Love or Fear?” and well, this is something worth asking, for sure.
As always, many thanks to all of you for reading, and for taking the time to check out & support the lovely bloggers and businesses that support All Things E. If you’d like to join this crew, check out my sponsorship options.
How did April treat you?