You ever feel yourself walking through life, wishing you could collect the little things that make you smile, put ’em in a box and rifle through them when you have a down moment?
Like collecting coins. Or Beanie Babies. Or Christmas ornaments.
I’ve never been much of a collector. As a child, I had a pretty awesome collection of music boxes that I received as gifts from my Godparents. Every time I hear the song “My Favorite Things,” I think of it in that tinkling, beautiful music-box sound. It makes for a sweet memory.
Since then, the only thing I seem interested in collecting and keeping for a later day are thoughts. Soothing blog posts. Heartwarming quotes. Beautiful photos. Tiny moments of MY day.
Collections is a new series that will be popping up from time to time (probably once a month, maybe twice, who knows) in which I share moments, thoughts, words and stories that I have wanted to collect and save for a later day.
These Are the Moments
- I’m settling into new roles and responsibilities at work after hiring an employee and getting a promotion! Ah, it’s crazy. Exhilarating. Interesting. I’ve found that I love teaching more than I expected. Hmmm…
- It’s been a snowy few days here in St. Louis and my word, y’all. We are not equipped for this weather down here. My northern roots are showing and lemme tell you, they are not impressed.
- Aside from the snow removal woes though, I have lots of love for St. Louis this week, many thanks to some love from my neighborhood on Facebook (they shared this post & it’s been so fun connecting w/ other CWE-ers!)
- Ashley and I sat down and talked about how we wanted to get back to eating healthier and ever since, she’s been a bonafide five-star chef in the kitchen. Trying new recipes has been so fun – there’s no temptation to eat out because eating in is SO much better.
- I’m obsessed with The Mindy Project. Obsessed. I just re-watched Tuesday’s episode. For real. Danny Castellano, you dreamy man.
- Also, The Bachelor is back! (though I doubt Juan Pablo tops my all-time fave Sean…)
These Are the Thoughts
These Are the Words
- Alex, being the genie that she is, wrote scripts for sending saucy (but classy) messages to your lover. My number one thought? Man, this chick is so authentic & real online. I love that about her. Click, click. Disclaimer: might make you blush 😉
- There were literally hundreds of new year-themed posts to choose from, but for some reason, this simple one by Jeff Goins resonated with me. “Say Yes” and “Pick Something” – It’s simple, really.
- Alicia announced a series to celebrate and love our bodies. I’m diggin’ it. You can see the announcement here – be sure to watch it develop every Monday!
These Are the Sounds
Obsessed with Skinny Love performed by Birdy lately. No idea why, but my recent Ellie Goulding obsession might have something to do with it.
These Are the Dreams
This week, I figured something out: I feel the most alive when I’m doing something to help someone else realize their potential. Teaching, inspiring, encouraging. That’s what is making me feel the most me. So now, I’m dreaming up ways to chase down this feeling more and more.
These Are the Questions
My newfound recent management role (ish… I mean, it’s one person… lol) is making me wonder… what is one quality you have loved the most in a boss (current or former)? What kind of environment do you need to do your best work? Help me out, yo!
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
P.S. Bloggers/shop owners – I’m gearing up for some fun new displays of Sponsor Love on All Things E and have 4 Happy Hour spots available. I’d love to have you join in, so this weekend, use the code DRINKSONME to get those spots (that run 40 days) for just $2! Click here for deets.