Beautiful handmade print via How Joyful. Buy it here.
Gooood morning loves.
Last night, I spent two hours baking a Pumpkin Pie (mom’s recipe, of course) and Cloud Salad (recipe coming ASAP) to bring to our Thanksgiving dinner at work today. It really got me in the mood to write a holiday post, so to my laptop I went, with visions of Thanksgiving gratitude, holiday gift guides and Christmas joy running through my head.
Then I started hopping around to my favorite blogs and realized: hundreds of helpful holiday posts have already been written! So, to solve your holiday dilemmas, fuel your spirit, quench your thirst (or hunger) for holiday tastes, and to get you totally in the mood for Thanksgiving tomorrow, I’ve compiled a list of helpful holiday posts from across the web.
Survival Guides for Interacting w/ Others This Thanksgiving
I personally am SO FAR BEYOND excited to see my family – it’ll just be the five of us plus the doggy this year, so I’m anticipating lots of laughter, football and ease. For those with a more complicated time ahead, navigate with these helpful posts:
- How to Survive a Visit From Your In-laws via Lost in Travels
- How to Talk Politics with Your Family at Thanksgiving via The Atlantic
- How to Talk to Any Guest At Thanksgiving via Buzzfeed
Last-Minute Recipes to Fill Your Table
I’m hoping by this point you have already done your grocery shopping… but if you’re looking for one new dish to grace your Thanksgiving table this year, maybe you’ll find one here:
- 10 Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes via Iowa Girl Eats (my all-time fave food blogger)
- 40 Delicious Thanksgiving Recipes via A Beautiful Mess (seriously, 40! Endless choices).
Simple Styles to Fashion Your Feast
Sometimes sweatpants just won’t cut it for your holiday feast. Luckily, these ladies shine the light on how to be comfy & cute (while leaving plenty of room to indulge) on Thanksgiving:
- The Best Ever Outfit In Which To Consume Thanksgiving Dinner via Yes & Yes
- Holiday Casual via little lessons in a BIG city
Helpful Hints to Jumpstart Your Christmas Shopping
If you’re one of those go-getters who get started on shopping right after turkey time, you might need a few ideas. These ladies have done the research for you, wham-bam-thank-you-mam.
- How to Shop Ethically via The Art of Simple
- Just the Right Gifts for Him via The Fresh Exchange
- 20 DIY Gift Ideas via A Beautiful Mess
- Uncommon Gifts for Everyone on Your List via Bella
- The Best Fitness Gifts Under $20 via Run Eat Repeat
- To Send Holiday Cards or Not? via The Everygirl
- Anddd Great Etsy Shops for Handmade Holiday Cards via well, me
And Last But Not Least, Help for Staying Fit & Trim Through The Season
The sweets parade has surely begun. I know I’ll be getting “water drunk” (thanks, Nicole!) and putting in my workouts with Kourtney to stay somewhat on track. A few other ideas for you:
- Healthy Holiday Survival Guide 1, 2, and 3 via Life Less Bullshit (ALL worth a read!)
- 25 Days of Fitness Challenge via Run Eat Repeat
How are you celebrating Thanksgiving? Sending my love to you & yours!