Ahhh hello, friends.
I hope you all had a fulfilling Thanksgiving weekend. I had planned on popping in here with an “I’m grateful for…” post, but instead, I decided to be grateful for the opportunity to go to bed at 9 pm and sleep a full 10 hours on Wednesday night to rest up for my family to arrive on Thursday. Alas, no post happened.
But know this: everything I’m grateful for can be summed up in three main buckets: the people in my life, the opportunities I have had/earned, and the love I have encountered.
So, of course, you all fit into the people that I am abundantly grateful for – thank you, again, for checking in here from time to time. You make me smile so so much just thinking about you.
Now, the intention of this post: to be ever so slightly more intentional with the coming days and weeks.
I have a weird attitude attached to this month. It is both the end of the calendar year and the end of my 23rd year of life. Like most Decembers, I tend to approach it with equal parts enthusiasm and reflection. Time to look back and to look forward. Review 2013, plan for 2014, and savor the celebrations that this month will undoubtably entail.
Last month’s Three Things were to re-commit to exercise (check!), to plan for holiday cards (check!) and to print photos to have around the house (uncheck.) I’m really pleased with myself on the first two, but just didn’t take the time to follow through on the third – in all honesty, I’m not that upset about it. Priorities change over the course of the month. Maybe in January I’ll get on the new photos train again.
OK. Today I’m doing something that’s a combo of old and new: I’m marrying Three Things (which has been around since March) with Weekly Wishes, a link-up hosted by Melyssa at the Nectar Collective. I love the idea behind this link-up and am excited to participate.
First things first:
Three Things: December
- Set solid, achievable goals for 2014 and create an overall “theme” for the year (initial thoughts: simplify - though this may change).
- Try out two new work-out spots: St. Louis Spinning and Southtown Yoga.
- Track down addresses & send my holiday cards.
Now, for this week, specifically:
Weekly Wishes: December, Week 1
- Leave my desk everyday for lunch. I have recently gotten into the (bad) habit of eating at my desk. It’s horrible and I need to stop. I’m going to mix things up this week and run a few errands, maybe catch a yoga class, take a walk, or at least go elsewhere in the building to eat my lunch this week.
- Make a “plan of attack” for Christmas gifting. I usually wait until the very last minute to buy gifts, but this year, I’m focusing on thoughtful, small gifts and/or experiences and those require a bit of planning.
- Try one of two new workouts I have been eyeing. This week is guaranteed to be stress-city at work, so I’m going to need some relaxation time – yoga sounds like the perfect escape.
What are you guys up to this week and month?